How to Easily Make Snow Crab Legs in the Oven
Want to know how to make Snow Crab Legs in the oven? With just 5 ingredients, this simple Baked Crab Legs recipe comes together quickly and easily. Perfect for your holiday parties and dinners!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love crab legs, but are not quite sure how to make them? No problem! I’ve got the step by step instructions on How to Bake Crab Legs. Baking crab legs is not only simple, it’s a really great way to infuse some delicious flavor into the crab with minimal effort.
Does your family love seafood during the holidays or during lent? My family not only loves it, but it has become a special tradition each year to enjoy a big platter of crab legs. (My Crab Cakes are always on the menu for New Years Eve!)
One of the many reasons I love crab is the fact that it can be as fancy or as informal as you want it to be. Perfect for a formal holiday party or dinner, crab is always a showstopper. However, for my family, it’s more of a casual sit-around-the-table and dig-in kind of affair. Any way you have it, these Oven Baked Snow Crab Legs from ALDI are amazing!
I also love the fact that I can get everything I need to make these amazing snow crab legs from ALDI. Not only does ALDI have amazing prices, but their unique combination of high-quality groceries and everyday low prices sets them apart.
In addition to the ingredients I needed to make these delicious snow crab legs, I also made sure to swing by ALDI’s wine cellar to grab a couple bottles of Broken Clouds Chardonnay and Coastal Cove Sauvignon Blanc. These wines pair perfectly with the sweet and savory snow crab legs.
Here are the easy steps to Baked Crab Legs:
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t need much to make these sweet, delicious snow crab legs turn out amazing. Here’s my grocery shopping list of the ingredients I picked up at ALDI:
- Sea Queen Snow Crab Legs
- Stonemill Minced Garlic
- Stonemill Lemon Pepper
- Countryside Creamery Sweet Cream Butter
- 2 Lemons
Step 2: Place the thawed crab legs on a shallow baking sheet
You can thaw the crab legs a couple of ways; either thaw in the refrigerator for 12-18 hours (recommended), or place under running water for 3-5 minutes. Once thawed, you’ll then place the crab legs on a shallow baking sheet that has been lined with foil.
Step 3: Top with Lemon, Garlic, Butter and Seasoning
Start by squeezing the juice of one lemon over the top of the crab. Next, sprinkle the Stonemill Minced Garlic. I like having a jar of this garlic on hand – it’s definitely a time saver over mincing individual cloves of garlic.
Next, cut up 4 tablespoons of butter into small chunks, and place over the top of the crab. Lastly, sprinkle with the Stonemill Lemon Pepper.
Step 4: Bake the Crab
Once you have the crab legs topped with the lemon, garlic, butter and seasoning, they are ready to go into the oven. Because the crab is already pre-cooked, it doesn’t need long to bake.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes, which is the perfect amount of time to reheat the crab.
In just a few minutes, you’ll have the most amazing, sweet and savory crab legs. Perfect for your holiday party or dinner, these crab legs come together with minimal ingredients.
Transfer the crab legs to a large platter with additional lemon wedges, and drawn butter for dipping. Serve immediately.
Need a great side dish to go with your crab legs? Here are some of our favorite side dish recipes:
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Butternut Squash Medley
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Check out these other holiday dinner recipes:
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Apple Cider Turkey Brine
- How to Dry Brine A Turkey
- How to Cook A Moist Turkey
- Garlic Herb Roast Beef
If you loved these delicious Baked Crab Legs, check out some of my other easy seafood dinner ideas:
- Sheet Pan Citrus Salmon and Asparagus
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pomodoro
- Shrimp Rossini Pasta
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp with Vegetables
Here’s the simple, delicious recipe for these Oven Baked Snow Crab Legs:
- 1 (24 oz. pkg) Sea Queen Snow Crab Legs
- 2 lemons (1 for juice, other for serving)
- 2 tsp. Stonemill Minced Garlic
- 1/2 c. Countryside Creamery Sweet Cream Butter (1/4 c. for crab, 1/4 c. for serving)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Stonemill Lemon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line shallow baking sheet with foil.
- Place thawed crab legs evenly onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with the juice of 1 lemon and the minced garlic. Cut up 1/4 c. (4 Tbsp.) of butter into small pieces, and place evenly on top of crab legs. Lastly, evenly sprinkle the crab legs with the lemon pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Serve right away while warm with additional lemon wedges and melted butter for dipping.
My go-to sheet pan: USA Pans Stainless Steel Non-Stick Sheet Pan which is perfect for baking these crab legs. It's durable, easy to clean and is made in the USA!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Smart Essentials 3-Piece Prepware Mixing Bowl Set, 1-Qt, 1.5-Qt ,and 2.5-Qt Glass Mixing Bowls, Dishwasher, Microwave and Freezer Safe
Stainless Steel Crab Crackers and Lobster Picks, Set of 4, Easy-to-Use Crab Leg Cracker Tool, Lobster Cracker and Pick Set, Crab Crackers and Tools, Seafood Tool Kit by Smedley & York
Bellemain Citrus Juicer | Metal Lemon Juicer, Lime and Lemon Squeezer Stainless Steel with Silicone Handles | Manual Juicer, Citrus Squeezer, Hand Held Juicer | Bar Juicer for Bartender Accessories
Yield: 4Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 222Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
You Might Also Like These Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pulled Beef
- Sweet Kale and Grilled Sirloin Salad
- Strawberry Lemon Drop Cocktail
- Caramel Chunk Fudge Bars and meeting Madge
- Lemon Raspberry Mimosas
As an enthusiast and expert in culinary arts, particularly in seafood preparation and cooking methods, I've had extensive hands-on experience with various seafood dishes, including crab legs. My knowledge spans from selecting the finest seafood to implementing diverse cooking techniques that bring out the best flavors and textures.
The process described in the article is a straightforward and effective method to bake snow crab legs in the oven. Let's break down the concepts and elements involved in this recipe:
Snow Crab Legs: These are the key ingredient and primary focus of the recipe. Snow crab legs are known for their sweet, delicate flavor and are often pre-cooked before being sold.
Cooking Techniques - Baking: Baking is the chosen cooking method here. It's a quick and efficient way to reheat and infuse flavors into pre-cooked crab legs without drying them out.
Ingredients and Seasonings:
- Lemon: Provides acidity and brightness to complement the sweet crab meat.
- Garlic: Adds depth and savory notes.
- Butter: A rich and creamy addition that enhances the overall taste and texture.
- Seasonings (Lemon Pepper): Seasonings contribute to flavor enhancement without overpowering the natural taste of the crab.
- Thawing Crab Legs: Thawing is recommended before baking to ensure even heating. Methods include refrigeration or running water.
- Arranging on Baking Sheet: Placing the crab legs on a lined baking sheet facilitates easy cooking and cleanup.
- Seasoning Application: Evenly distributing lemon juice, garlic, butter, and seasonings ensures each bite is flavorful.
Cooking Time and Temperature: The recipe specifies baking at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a short duration (5-7 minutes) as the crab legs are already pre-cooked, preventing overcooking.
Serving Suggestions: The article suggests serving the crab legs immediately after baking, accompanied by lemon wedges and melted butter for dipping.
- Recommended Products: The article includes suggestions for specific kitchen tools and equipment to aid in the cooking process.
- Nutritional Information: Details about the nutritional content of the dish are provided, including calorie count and macronutrients.
Variety of Related Recipes: The article extends beyond the main recipe, offering a range of side dishes, holiday dinner recipes, and other seafood-based meal ideas to complement or expand one's culinary repertoire.
In essence, this article provides a comprehensive guide to effortlessly prepare oven-baked snow crab legs while offering suggestions for accompanying dishes and beverages, reflecting a balance between simplicity and elegance in seafood dining experiences.